Code of Conduct
Meet Magento Singapore is dedicated to providing a harassment-free experience for everyone. We do not tolerate harassment of participants in any form. This includes spamming attendees on the online platform. Please ensure you are selective, take the time to review profiles and make good decisions about who you reach out to. Just because you can send meeting requests to everyone, doesn’t mean that you should.
Harassment includes, but is not limited to:
- Offensive comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion, lifestyle.
- Violence, threats of violence, or violent language
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following, whether online or in-person
- Unwelcome sexual attention, whether physical or verbal
- Displaying sexually explicit or violent material
- Harassing photography or recording
- Sustained disruption of talks or other events
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior
If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please report it as soon as possible. If a staff member is involved, they will be recused from handling your incident. We will respond as promptly as we can.
You can make a report by:
- Contacting a staff member. There will always be a staff member at the event, whom you can contact via the platform’s chat message functionality.
- Emailing us: email@example.com
When taking a report in person, our staff will ensure you are safe and cannot be overheard. They may involve other staff to ensure your report is managed properly. Once safe, we’ll ask you to tell us about what happened. This can be upsetting, but we’ll handle it as respectfully as possible, and you can bring someone to support you. You won’t be asked to confront anyone and we won’t tell anyone who you are.
Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
If a participant engages in harassing behavior, the organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including expulsion from all MMSG events and spaces without a refund.